Getting Ready!

With Friday morning came morning chores, which one has to do to start a day in right way. And Hera had this amazing understanding with life, so a visit to college like all unpleasant tasks; was part of morning chores, and he had to go. On other hand it was Sandy's turn to appear for a test. Hence, Monc was left in capable hands of Deep, which worried both Hera and Sandy. 

However, there was something more important, more significant agenda on his mind, and so he took of earlier than normal, and went straight to wait for Monsoon to show up, in her path to college, rather in a heroic style. He parked his bike, in people's path, on main stand, then lay on it, back to seat, and covered his eyes with cap, except one difference, he looked in direction of path from which Monsoon would be coming; through corner of his eye. 

Hera was feeling cool in that pose, the classic Hero pose as he called it, and then he saw her coming. Monsoon looked at him once and, the look she gave only meant, "I never knew this guy, and please god do not make him call my name." And he does what she fears most at that moment 

Hera: "Monsoon!" 

As two Girls on other side say

Girls: "What a dumbo! I am happy we do not have a boyfriend like that."

Monsoon: "Don't you have to go to college?"

Hera: "Yes, I have to, but I want to tell you something before I go."

Monsoon: "What is it? And why is it so important?"

Hera: "Well, I told you about Monc and Sam."

Monsoon: "Yes, we better get on your bike, you can tell me while you drive."

Hera: "Okay!" and they started for college.

Monsoon: "So, yes, you told me about them, now what?"

Hera: "Something's wrong there, in that rejection. Everyone who I have had a chance meeting has said Sam looks so much in love with Monc, and not other way round."

Monsoon: "Actually, when I heard from you, I was surprised that Monc proposed and she refused, I had imagined a reverse scenario."

Hera: "What! Even though; I told you about them?"

Monsoon: "Let it be, I would talk about that latter, now tell me why you have come in morning."

Hera: "Well, because what most people said, and what I have heard, I want to ask Sam for an explanation."

Monsoon: "And how are you planning to do it?"

Hera: "By meeting her face to face, and asking straight, but not here anywhere near college."

Monsoon: "For once, you are doing a good job, so why did you feel like telling me all this."

Hera: "Even though I thought of all this, I was not sure whether what I have planned is right, and second and more important part, I do not want you to think I am trying to date her, as most idiots are going to say, after they see us go on my bike."

Monsoon: "You have my permission" little disappointed "So you will be going with Sam on Sunday?"

Hera: "No, tomorrow, not for more than an hour, I am hoping we could go somewhere on Sunday? Could we?"

Monsoon: "We will see about it tomorrow then, if no assignment comes my way, we could go." Thinking how hard should i play to get.

Hera: "Done then!" Thinking that is an improvement.

And they had come to the place where she had to get down, and he had to park, but they were little early. 

Monsoon: "Okay I will go now."

Hera: "Why? There is still some time; we can talk for some time."

Monsoon: "We could have, but you see, you have forgotten your bag, so go and get it, you live near so, you will be back in time for 1st lecture, and I will go, I have to walk little longer to my college, compared to you."

Hera: "Oh! Yeah! Okay!" And he smiled and looked on as she started walking away, and looked on till she turned around and made hand movements to go and get his bag. And he went. 

The rest of the day passed uneventful, and Hera was back to Monc's side by night. He confirmed meeting with Sam, and it was going to be Saturday Morning. Hera was thinking of some way of making Monc eat something today, he had already started with juice, so some solid was not going to be that difficult, may be some Dal-Rice or Khichedi. 

However, Monc had something else in mind, he woke up, rather semi conscious, got up and 

Monc: "Hera I want to eat Chinese, I was not able to eat properly with Sam today at dinner, let's go out and have something."

Hera tried explaining, that it was nearly 120 hours since that day, but he did not get through to Monc. Sandy and Deep had some work so they had already gone out. So it was either leaving Monc alone or taking him along, so it was walking to nearest Chinese cart. Logical decision, but did not work. On reaching ground floor, after making numerous sleep breaks, Monc adamantly did not want to walk and was ready to drive bike. 

Hera: "Monc your bike is not here, Sandy has taken it, you gave him."

Monc: "So I will drive yours!"

Hera: "Mine is not here too, Deep has taken it."

Monc: "I dont want to walk!"

Hera: "I have Sandy's Scooty!"

Monc: "Okay!"

And Hera got Monc to sit on his bike, and drove to nearest restaurant, while Monc thought, he was seating on a Scooty. Somehow Monc managed to hold on, while sleeping too!

On reaching hotel, Monc ordered some non-veg and some cigarettes, lite 1 and did not smoke any. Next time he opened his eyes, he had Manchurian in front of him, he had some and then he unhad them. He ate something, and he threw up within minutes, on other side of table Hera had same food and no trouble enjoying delicacy. 

Monc: "You have developed a good taste for junk."

Hera did not say anything, and they paid for the bill and went home. Monc slept again. And with in 5 hrs it was Saturday, and now Hera was sleep deprived, but no time for closing eyes just now, meeting was minutes away, Sam was waiting. And after having those words with Monsoon, Hera was ready for it.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

4 Response to "Getting Ready!"

  1. Rek Sesh says:
    October 14, 2010 at 12:06 AM

    well Monc seems to be on the mend, why does Monsoon date Hera if she is ashamed of him (bad girl);( ...Sam, her reaction will sure be interesting.....good going...BTW does Monsoon stand for Varsha, just asking?...keep your secrets, no sweat.... ;D

  2. Aditya Nandode says:
    October 14, 2010 at 10:00 AM

    LoL! Songsnwords, u have too many Q's, read on, they may get answered, Monsoon is just another weather name!:p

  3. soni says:
    October 16, 2010 at 9:59 PM

    Wow College days!!!! and sharing the same with other college friends is amazing....
    Well it seems that in this post Hera, atleast for 2-5 min had good time with Monsoon :)

  4. Aditya Nandode says:
    October 19, 2010 at 11:52 AM

    Soni May be, may be not! :)

Post a Comment