Walk to Talk!

Hera just decided to freshen up, keep it simple, enter from back side of college, pick her up and go, and interrogate her along while still driving. Nice, simple and short plan, which was planned in a very short sighted way.

Hera took the back gate road, and last night's unexpected rain had made it extremely muddy. Hera nearly, slipped twice and already had mud on soles of his shoes; he vowed not to go back by this road. And right behind the gate, there was Sam waiting, and right in front of gate, the road was dug up. It was not possible for her to cross over. So it was turning back time for Hera, and Sam walked towards front gate.

Hera, turns around, and falls. No other option now, next step was to go to Smoky's place, get cleaned up, answer a lot of questions, get late and then join Sam, who hated to wait for anyone.

As soon as Hera came, Sam blasted him for being late, Hera had lost the authoritative position to question her, and slipped into yes Ma'am mode, and there she was, the Ma'am who was going to announce test result walked by! 

Hera: "Shits!"  

Sam: "What!"

Hera: "Not to you, have a seat, and lets go from here." On second thought, she looks nervous, thought Hera, and look like a nervous wreck looking into bike mirror.

Sam sat quietly, for a change, but it was not good, for this once, Hera wanted her to answer his questions. And she wanted to be in control.

Sam: "I cannot discuss this with your back to me, stop bike somewhere and we will talk." Ultimatum was served.

Hera had to take that, and he decided to go to one place where they can walk and talk but still not be seen by any of the college people, one place where he had planned to go out with Monsoon, tomorrow. They were there.

Hera parked the bike, and suddenly Sam was cheerful, it must be the place, hill top, forest like cover, a view of college, so close but so far away, nice cool wind and flowers everywhere. And they just hit a trail. After walking for about 5 minutes, Hera could not just waste any more time.

Hera: "See Sam; please tell me, what went wrong between you and Monk?"

Sam: "He proposed me!"

Hera: "So?"

Sam: "Is that not enough?"

Hera: Rolling his eyes! "I mean what did you say to him, in reply?"

Sam: "Said No!" Rather innocently. 

Hera: "Just that? You did not give him any reason?"

Sam: "So what's going on between you and Monsoon?"

Hera could not believe his ears, what she had asked? But he did not want her to have a win in this talk, fast turning into a verbal duel.

Hera: "There is nothing going on between us, yes I do love her, but she does not, and she is mature enough to be friends with me and tell me to my face that she does not love me back."

Sam: "Why not? You are good!"

Hera: "You do not know me, however, that is a personal question, and still, we are still trying to know each other better."

Sam: "Oh!"

Hera: "So what did you tell Monk?"

Sam: "I did not give a reason, I could not think of one, but now I do not want to meet him ever again."

Hera: "Why would you do so? That has sent him in depression, suicidal; he has been sleeping since that day."

Sam was visibly shocked. Looking at her, Hera felt something was wrong here and he did it.

Hera: "What's your age?" Hera broke one of the taboos! 

Sam: "I am 16!"

Hera was 5 years older and Monc; 4 and half years older. And Hera knew she was just a kid, she bailed out from being serious with an older guy!

Hera: "Let's go!"

And they started walking, and as they neared bike, Sam started slowing down and in matter of moments she was all tears. people around them started suspecting foul play, and Hera as culprit. Two strong mighty guys stopped near them and threatened Hera as she stepped in saying

Sam: "Oh! Get lost you bozzos, I am not crying because of him. I am crying because....because...oh! You get lost!"

Hera was dumb struck! Hope she is not falling in love with me, the messenger, I hate her, she is just not someone I could walk with.

Sam: "I love him! I love Monc!"

Hera: Heavy Sigh!

Sam: "I love him, but I should not, my sister also fell in love but Dad did not allow her to chose, and it will be same story at my wedding. I do not want to lose him then! It would be like living with someone else for rest of my life."

Hera: "You could have said no to Love, and yes to friendship, you could have just said yes and take a chance with your future."

Sam: "Is he okay?"

Hera: "Yes!"

Hera dropped her home, and came to Monc's side and wondered whether Monsoon would ever choose him? And on that note he fell asleep.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

2 Response to "Walk to Talk!"

  1. Rek Sesh says:
    October 26, 2010 at 9:42 AM

    well, well...nice long one filled with emo....what can I say...typical Indian story...miyan bibi raazi par beech main aagaye papaji. ;D

  2. Aditya Nandode says:
    October 27, 2010 at 11:59 AM

    So true! :p

Post a Comment